Thursday 5 April 2012

A Scottish Birthday Lass!

A quick post today, off with hubby to Insch, just for the run. Aye right! There's a wee craft shop I pop into there from time to time, just for the chat with Elaine! Won't have long as hubby just picking up some animal feed from a supplier a few miles down the road from there, so maybe today will have to chat and browse at the same time and as I'm no multi tasker nowadays who knows what might accidently land in my basket lol!
Okay won't be coming out with too much, can't have hubby taking stock now can I! As if he doesn't already know what I'm like.
My card today is for a special lady who I know will appreciate the Scottish theme. Seen this stamp at the SECC last month and had to have it. I can see myself making this as a Wedding card too.



Woodware Thistle stamp coloured with Promarkers.
Sizzix Diamond embossing folder
Cuttlebug small dots embossing folder
Tartan Ribbon from Laines World
Making Memories Pearl brads
Wee Scotty charm


Happy Birthday - http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 Use your favourite tool - http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/
 Embossing - http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
Anything Goes - http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Must dash, he's promised me a bite of lunch too.
bye for now





 x

15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Carol...a fabulous image and layout.xxx

Kat said...

Fabby card Carol. Love that thistle and you're right it would make a great wedding card too.

Hope you had a nice trip to Insch and a nice lunch. I'm having a lazy day off today. I got lots of stuff coloured and ready to make cards on my Monday holiday but not managed to achieve anything yet today. I'm sure I was at that shop years ago with the WRI. Might need to go back for a nosey!

Kat xx

Carol said...

Great card Carol, love the embossing and your little charm. Carol x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Carol this is stunning. I love the embossing too
Lisa x

pinky said...

So gorgeous Carol, love the attention to detail and gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

I love the textured backgrounds. Gorgeous thistle colouring too.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

brenda said...

Another stunning card Carol and beautifully coloured.

I have a thistle stamp and find it very versatile, even for a male.

Thanks so much for joining our Birthday celebrations at Stampalot and I hope you will also join the blog hope as there are loads more prizes to be won.

B x

coops said...

stunning card carol.really beautiful design and i love the thistles ;D

xx coops xx

Mephisto said...

Fab card.
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysStamp this week.

Domi

lilyf said...

Stunning card Carol, agree it would make a nice wedding invitation. I had a look in Hobby craft and the shop in Holburn so one or two things landed in my basket !!!! It is hard to resist. Having a clear out today amongst some of my stuff and there is no saying what I might find.

Berry said...

Love your theme on this what a great image! Thanks so much for joining us at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Pat said...

Lovely card, super image and I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our “embossing” challenge at Fab’n’Funky this week.

Pat xx

Sally H said...

Wow, Carol! A stunning creation! I LOVE it. Thanks for joining in the Birthday celebrations at Sir stampalot and Good Luck!

Sarn said...

Love the embossing you've done here. I have been embossing mad this week! xxx

Ruth said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot blog hop, Ruth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails