Saturday 1 September 2012

One For the Boys over at By The Cute & Girly


 Hello everyone, a new challenge starting over on BTC&G and this month it's a first!  'One for the boys', think this is the first time we have ever done a male challenge.

Our Sponsores


Simon Says Stamp






 I decided on a Christmas card for Hubby and this month our digital sponsor is Fred She Said. I have used this image a few times and decided this time to make it all wintry. Glamour dusted the van first then coloured with Flexmarkers. Added Flower Soft for the snowy ground.



Fred She Said 'Old Truck'




Marianne Poinsettia, Snowflake, Icicle border die
Cheerylyn -Holly Flourish
Gems from stash
Inkylicious -Merry Christmas
Snowdots embossing folder


Hope you will join us, pop on over and check out what the rest of the DT have made and enter a card.

Been awol just lately, not enough hours in the day at the mo, up to my eyes getting everything organised for our holiday to Canada. The days just seem to disappear and not much to show for it!  Had an unexpected two day stay with my grandkids so exhausted by the time I got back home. So much washing, where does it come from and the weather hasn't being that kind to get it dry. Sorry I haven't been able to leave comments on your cards, will have a lot of catching up to do when I get back. So looking forward to this holiday. Not sure what the jetlag will do to me but will cross that bridge when it happens. Staying with friends in a town called Quesnel. That will be our base for the first week then meander back towards Vancouver in the second. Hopefully I will find a craft shop of some kind for a nosey around.

bye for now



Would like to enter challenges

http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/ -  Always Anything Goes

http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ - Add a Christmas/Holiday  sentiment

http://natalieandamy.blogspot.co.uk/ - anything goes

http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes

http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes

http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Emboss it

http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.co.uk/ - Travel

http://everybody-art-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - anything Goes

http://atcswithattitude.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything Goes

http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/ - So Old/Vintage

http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ - Sketch

http://heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - anything goes

http://ladybugcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything Goes





x

38 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just stunning, fab idea to turn it wintry!

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's for our 1st Challenge, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Carol, this is stunning! Love the red and white together, just brilliant.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Laine said...

Wonderful card Carol. Love all of the colours and detail.
Enjoy you holiday and thank you for joining us at TPC this week.
Hugs
Laine

uksharon said...

Gorgeous card and how creative to use a car image for Christmas. Fabulous - so glad you joined us for the first challenge at Ladybug Challenge.
Best wishes, Sharon

Brigitte said...

I LOVE this card!!!! When I first saw it, I thought it couldn't be more perfect than this!!!! The colours are fantastic and the embossing just gives it that extra special feel! I hope you will have a good time on your vacation! If you weren't staying at the complete opposite side of Canada, I would tell you to come and visit (I live about 6000 km from Vancouver)!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Pat K said...

Great card Carol...love the snow on the truck and the red & white is so attractive. Have a wonderful vacation in Van. hugs, Pat K.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers Anything Goes challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

Sue said...

WOW"! This is stunning Carol. I love how you have coloured the image and added the snow effect. The detailing is just wonderful.

Thank you also for taking part in the first Ladybug Crafts Challenge

hugs Sue

Aud said...

Wow Carol, this is absolutely lovely im sure Denis will be delighted, love what youve done with this image, really looks good. Thanks for yesterday hoope you have a fab holiday. Aud x

Rene said...

This is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous...love the stark white with red accents!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Good luck!
Rene ;D

Kat said...

Stunning card Carol. It has all the things I love. Red, beautiful embellishments, embossing and lots of glitter. I'm sure Denis will be delighted with it.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday. And of course you'll find a craft shop. Us crafty girls can always find a craft shop wherever we are lol!!

Kat xx

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

What a wonderful card--know your husband will love it too! Which embossing folder did you use? Glad you could join in our Challenge #21 - "So Old/Vintage. Enjoy your trip!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! Your coloring is fabulous. I love how you did the snow.


I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

--Cheryl--

Doreen said...

This is fabulous...gorgeous image.xxx

Donna said...

What a gorgeous card, love how you've done the truck, and the red and white combo looks fabulous together. Thanks for joining us on the first challenge at Natalie & Amys.
hugs
Donna xx

Billie A said...

I saw you on MIM.. Great card and love how you took a anytime image and made it a winter image. Great use of the dies and snow.. Wonderful. My cards are 292-293 if you care to stop by.

Shelby said...

This is so cool and ingenious! Love how there is snow on the truck and the layout is perfectly masculine and shows off the image beautifully

Shelby

coops said...

gorgeous card carol.really fab image and your design is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

WOW! Stunning card Carol, love it.
Wendy xx

~ginny said...

Oh my! Stunning card! I love the red truck, the snow you added and the die cut leaves! Beautiful job!
I'm so glad you joined the challenge at Craft Your Passion and I hope to see you again next week!
~ginny
CYP Design Team

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just perfect Carol! All the elements work together so well and I love how you have done the old pick up truck. You will have a super holiday I'm sure sounds just fabulous! As for finding a craft store mmmm I'm sure the craft radar will work lol. Have fun, Susan xx

Jackie said...

Oh wow, gorgeous card, thanks for the link to FSS :o)
Jackie xx

Gaynor Greaves said...

wow I love this, I have this image and would never have thought to use it as a Christmas card, that's why blogland is so fab, fab card, thanks for joining our first challenge at Ladybug crafts, Gaynor xx

WeirdCat said...

Beautiful card, love the snow, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

lilyf said...

An absolute stunning card Carol and it certainly has the wow factor for detail and imagination. I wish I had half your creative mind. If I don't see you before you set off on your holiday, have a fabulous time and look after yourself. Enjoyed Friday when we all got together -

Wendy said...

fab card and I have this image hun never thought to use it like this fab thank you for joining us at Natalie and Amys for our first challenge

hugs Wendy

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

This is so beautiful Carol! I really love everything about it. Makes me look forward to Christmas :) Sarah x
Ps. Enjoy your holiday!!

Eileen said...

Fabulous and most attractive card... good work here! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lady Bug Crafts this week.Eileenx

Liz Miller said...

Brilliant masculine Christmas card Carol. The flower soft is really effective. Hope you have a lovely holiday.
Liz xx

debby4000 said...

Love your wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
luv
Debby

Linda said...

What a beautiful card. Love the wintery look and the touch of red really makes it pop. xx

akilli melek said...

love the card carol, hope you have a relaxing holiday
caroline

Eva Gro said...

Wow this is stunning!!
I love the fluffy snow and the bright red truck!!

hugs from Eva
DT friend at Fashionista

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a beautiful card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx PS Have a brilliant holiday!!!

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh, this looks awesome hun! :) Striking card and colours, and so fresh too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! May copy your card for next year's Christmas card for my brothers. You mentioned that you glamour dusted the truck. What is that?

nnalorac said...

Debbie, glamour Dust is very fine glitter. Just type into Google and you can buy it on line, gold or white.

Debbie said...

Thanks. I will look for it. Definitely will order some to try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails