Tuesday 31 August 2010

Simply Create - donate a card

Hi folks and yes! yes! yes I can actually say it's a beautiful sunny day in NE Scotland and about time to. After Sunday mornings weather, thought we had jumped right into winter, seriously, we had hailstones and they were lying on the patio, brrrrrrr! Worse than that I have had withdrawel symptoms, no Internet since Friday. Finally re-connected last night only to find there was another fault, keeping my fingers and toes crossed internet doesn't go walk about again. Fine time for hubby to be on holiday, I know there is plenty more of them but it's nice to get the personal touch!.
Right, off to Simply Create this Saturday to Crop, Shop and have lots of fun and at the same time raise money for Save the Children. Hopefully meet some kent faces and have a play with Kath.
Bringing along my card for re-sale to raise funds for this worth while cause.
Played with Hero Arts  background stamps ( oh I wish I hadn't been so hasty in flinging away the packaging, can never remember what they are. Will have to set some time out to remedy this and get myself organised, that is a tall order!!)  Ah the checked image is Large Plaid pattern. Do know that I have used a Penny Black stamp, Poppy Poem (gorgeous). Sentiment, Crafter's Companion. All inked with TH distressing ink Barn Door. Added checked ribbon, craftworks candy and hand made poppy dusted with Glamour Dust.

Would also like to enter this weeks challenge over at Papertake Weekly Challenge -  Just the One. Mine being my flower
Edited - Thanks Lisa for your comment and love your theme ( Ladybugs ) for celebrating your 150 followers and congrats on your new DT post. Red for Ladybird, just managed to squeeze in the black dot!

8 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Carol love the colour.xxx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous gorgeous carol and love it in the red....see you Saturday bring your dancing shoes...big hugs kath xxx

lilyf said...

Beautiful card Carol - really love it. Have not made mine yet but maybe tonight but maybe not , have been on the go the whole day with the grandchildren so what I really need is a dram and my feet up. Good to see you posting again. Remember your have stuff to pick up from me. Will be away Thursday.

Geraldine said...

Beautiful card and a beautiful poppy stamp. It is so cheerful and classical at the same time. Hope your internet gets itsself sorted.
geraldine x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow carol its fabulous .. the red is beautiful and poppies are a favourite of mine - so i love it
Lisa ;)
ps i have a candy competition

Lisa Jane said...

Thanks for entering into the spirit of my little competition. Good luck
Lisa ;)

pink lady said...

Stunning card, I love the colour....congrats on making the SC team...looking forward to working with you as a teamie and seeing some of your lovely creations x

Jackie said...

What an absolutely beautiful card :)
Jackie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails